A website is a collection of several pages that are connected to each other and can be accessed from a common homepage on browser like Internet Explorer, Mozilla, Google Chrome, Opera or Safari etc.
Key facts about web development :
- The web design service industry a $20.1B market in the US alone
- 16M new websites are published every month
- 70% of websites are created in a professional process by developers using pro-developers platforms. (Meaning 30% are DIY tools like Wix, Squarespace, etc)
- This manual programming is expensive (up to 70% of the budget)
- The creative community is 38M designers worldwide.
Source – Yahoo
Web development can range from developing the simplest static single page of plain text to the most complex web-based internet applications (or just ‘web apps’) electronic businesses, and social network services. A more comprehensive list of tasks to which web development commonly refers, may include web engineering, web design, web content development, client liaison, client-side/server-side scripting, web server and network security configuration, and e-commerce development.
Among web professionals, “web development” usually refers to the main non-design aspects of building web sites: writing markup and coding. Most recently Web development has come to mean the creation of content management systems or CMS.
Web development takes into account many security considerations, such as data entry error checking through forms, filtering output, and encryption. Malicious practices such as SQL injection can be executed by users with ill intent yet with only primitive knowledge of web development as a whole. Scripts can be used to exploit websites by granting unauthorized access to malicious users that try to collect information such as email addresses, passwords and protected content like credit card numbers.